Friday, June 3, 2011

We've Decided

We've been talking a lot lately about what the future holds for us. We knew this wasn't our forever house but with the economy absolutely bottomed out, we honestly didn't think we could sell.
And honestly, we still aren't sure if we can sell or not.
But...we are going to give it a-go.

We talked to a mortgage guy and were actually thinking of just refinancing. He told us we really just have to stay here 6 months after closing. That would save us some money, but really not enough to tilt the scales in that direction.
When we bought this house, we got a pretty damn good interest rate. (when my mom bought her first house after the divorce, I think her interest was like 19%. can't imagine)

After getting the numbers back from mortgage guy, we talked it over and decided to let him run our (K's) credit to see what we could get approved for. I was seriously nervous about this one. With them being so strict on the mortgage rules, you just never know what they will say.
He text me Friday and said let's set up a meeting and discuss the numbers. Um...What?!?! Holy shit! I honestly, don't know if I was hoping he'd say "at this time, I think it's best you stay".
Now my nerves are fully shot. We have *so* much left to do to get this house on the market. Of course, my husband begs to differ but he doesn't look at all the little things like I do.

So today, I got up and cleaned my ass off. K has to work all weekend (and late tonight) so I'm thinking about breaking out the steam cleaner and/or the paint tomorrow. Ack!!!

BTW, (if there is anyone reading this, I realllly need an answer) should I repaint my 'office'? It's a bright ass sunshiny yellow. It's fresh-ish paint from the previous owners. I'm thinking I should, but good gawd, I do not want to paint an entire room right now. But, I will do what I have to do.

So that's where we stand now. So much to do. So little nerve pills to get me through it. :P

No comments: