Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hungry Girl's Denver Omlette In A Mug

If you have never heard of Hungry Girl before I strongly suggest you check out her website. She takes your every day foods and lightens them up.

She also has just gotten her own show on the Cooking Channel. (not available in all areas) But you can get all of her recipes off the website.

One that just just posted/aired was the Denver Omlette. I love me some eggs so decided to try this one. I honestly didnt think that it would fill me up or satisfy me but it did.

Ingrdients
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 oz. (about 2 slices) 97 to 98% fat-free ham, chopped
2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese

Directions
Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add veggies and microwave until softened, 1 - 2 minutes.

Blot any excess liquid from veggies. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.

Add ham and cheese and lightly stir. Microwave until scramble is just set, an additional 45 - 60 seconds.

Let cool slightly. Eat up!

MAKES 1 SERVING


I'm not even kidding when I say this is so good. You can buy the pre-chopped bell peppers and onions in the frozen veggie section of any grocery store. (that's what I did) Just get out what you need and reseal.

I was full, satisfied and happy with it. I actually had it for lunch yesterday. ;)

No comments: