Monday, March 21, 2011

Weight Watchers Update & New Recipe

I fell off. Way off. Deep in the mud and couldn't get back up, off. I took a week off to get my head back in the game. The following week my world fell apart. So honestly, 2 weeks off.
This past week, I tried getting back on. My foot keeps slipping. Like trying to walk on butter. Just almost freaking impossible. But, I'm trying. I refuse to give up. I'm thinking of actually going to a meeting just to have some support. I have none. My husband tries but bless his heart he just doesn't have a damn clue about it.

I did recently come across this recipe that I LOVED! Thought I'd share.

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms:

Ingredients
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), crushed
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
2 cup(s) mushroom(s), small, halved *I used shitake
1/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
Instructions
In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.

In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.

Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.

Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.

Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.

**I also sliced up a red onion and added it when I cooked the mushrooms.

Seriously, to die for. K loves it and he's not a fan of anything healthy. :)

No comments: