Sunday, January 16, 2011

Revlon PhotoReady Review

I normally wear Merle Norman foundation and powder. I decided this last time I ran out, to try a drug store brand. My sister was using this and loved it. So I decided to give it a try.

I'm not impressed. Actually I hate it. I feel like I absolutely need a primer under the foundation,which I have none at the moment. The foundation is thick. It gives great coverage. Well, sorta. It covers all of my redness which is a serious plus in my book, but it shows all of my pores around my nose, cheek and chin area. Its horrible, very blotchy looking. I've tried making sure it sets up before apply powder but that doesnt seem to help either.
I do love the shimmer to it. It's nothing drastic but enough to give you a dewy glow. Even with my skin being as dry as it is now (which it is drastically better) after wearing this for about 3-4 hours my skin is like an oil slick. And seriously, don't even think about touching it up. The powder just makes it look that much worse. It makes it look like I have 10 layers on, not one with a touch up.

The powder is, eh. The brush that comes with it sheds more than my cat. Nothing like having to pull black 'hairs' off your face. Ew. Plus where you touch your face, make up comes right off.

So, needless to say, I will not be purchasing this again. I should have known not to veer away from my Merle Norman. I've had absolutely no problems with it.

No comments: