Tuesday, November 2, 2010

*Trans Am*

Every since I was about 19 or 20 I've been in love with trans ams. The first one I fell in love with was the '91/'92 year model. They had the pointy nose on them. My future brother in law just happened to own one at one point in time. It was the second manual transmission cars I drove. It turned me on like no boy ever could. :P

Fast forward a couple of hundred years. (yes I feel that old some days lol) We finally bought one. It's a '96 with a LT1 motor. Which I know most of you are like huh?!? when it comes to that. lol I understand. It's not the body style that I wanted but it has the motor that K wanted. So what we are going to do is get the front cap off of a newer model and replace it. That way I get my body style and K gets his motor. It's a win/win situation.
Well, that is until we priced replacing the front cap. It's not cheap.

Then K comes home the other day from work and tells me a friend of his will trade him the front cap off the body style we want for K helping him do a motor swap. Hells yeah! Done deal.

This car is your typical used car. She has her issues. We've been slowly working on them and figuring them out one by one. We've about come to the conclusion that some idiot owned her before and did a hack job under the hood. A lot of wires were broke, spark plug wire replaced with one that didn't fit. It's seriously a miracle that she ran to begin with.

Want to see her?!?!?


Isn't she a beauty!?!? I've named her the mistress since my husband loves her more than he loves me some days. :P

No comments: