Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pictures I Promised

Sorry guys. I know I promised these forever ago. I crashed and burned for a week. :)

We painted the light fixture. Cheap Dollar General Metallic Silver in a can. $3. Turned out great!




Same with this one. Painted it. It was brass. ew :)


Shower curtain. I am ABSOLUTELY in love with it. It matches the gray perfect! Adds just a hint of color to the room. Nothing over bearing.
Here's my question on this part: What color rug should I go with? I'm just putting white fluffy towels in here. It's only to stage. No one ever uses this bathroom. Well not to shower or anything. I was thinking of keeping my old blue runner rug down until we get ready to show the house then adding a white rug. Just to keep it crisp and clean.
What do you think!?!?


Painted cabinets. We used water based paint this time instead of the normal latex. HUGE difference. I'm not sure if I'll ever use a latex based paint again. P.S. it was Kilz brand from Wal Mart. Highly recommend it!
Oh and we also painted the hardware. I was seriously scared to do it but it turned out fine.
I'm all about saving money on these projects. ;)


We still have to replace the counter top. That is the only thing left to do in here. Well we have to touch up around the ceiling.



I have never been so proud in my life. We are absolutely kicking ass and taking names on these projects. OK, so the tile in the dining room/kitchen whooped our ass but we still made it look damn good. lol

When we get the quarter round down I'll get pics of that up. Nope, I lied. I'm going to make every one wait until I get the kitchen cabinets painted. I truly might start on that this weekend. Or maybe this week. I know it's going to be a total pain in the ass but it has to be done. The difference in the cheap wood cabinets and them being painted is HUGE! My house already looks totally different with the tile. I can't wait to see what the kitchen cabinets are going to do. I just might not recognize it. LOL

Now if I could only get $10k to rip the carpet out, hire someone to lay hardwood, I'd be ecstatic!

A girl can dream right?!?!


No comments: